What is the Great Atlantic Way?
What is different about
the visitor experience?
What is the purpose?
Where is the Great Atlantic Way?
Why is it important?
How does it help public
Where are we now?
- public awareness programme
- funding programme
- house of the elements proposal
- transport plan
- pilot area
Who are the stakeholders?
Who is leading the project?
What do people say?
The funding programme has established:
- an outline business plan, proposed funding structure and initial financial
- seed corn funding from North Cornwall District Council, Cornwall County
Council, the Met Office and First Great Western, followed by further
discussions with Cornwall County Council to develop the planning and transport
proposals in line with County Strategy; and reports and reviews with both
North Cornwall District Council and the Met Office.
- presentations, submissions and discussions with other potential strategic
partners - Government Office SW, SW Tourism, English Partnerships, ERA
(funding and support service to the ODPM?), County Environmental Trust, HSBC.
- submission to Government Office South West for funding the business case
prior to a full feasibility study (see What Next).
More in this section: